In today’s digital world, more and more companies are offering remote work options to their employees. This is great news for nurses, who often find themselves juggling flexible hours and are looking for ways to work from home.
To increase your chances of landing a remote job, there are a few things you can do:
- Connect with other nurses already working from home. Their firsthand experiences can provide insights about various companies, along with the benefits and drawbacks of each.
- Tailor your resume and cover letter for every job application. Make sure to highlight your relevant skills and experience, and explain why you are interested in working remotely.
- Be prepared to sell yourself during the interview process. Explain why you are a good fit for the company and the remote work environment.
Once you’ve got these basic requirements in place, explore this list of 19 companies actively hiring remote nurses:
- Advent Healthcare
- Aveanna Healthcare
- BJC Healthcare
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Health Information Alliance
- Johns Hopkins Health Care
- Medcor Inc
- OakBend Medical Center
- Rothman Orthopaedic Institute
- Sutter Health
- Trinity Health
- WPS Health Solutions
Additional tips for working remotely as a nurse:
- Set up a dedicated workspace in your home. This will help you stay focused and avoid distractions.
- Establish regular communication with your team members and manager. This will help you stay on top of your work and avoid any misunderstandings.
- Take breaks throughout the day to avoid burnout. Get up and move around, or step outside for some fresh air.
- Make sure you have a good internet connection and reliable computer equipment. This is essential for being able to do your job efficiently.
Working remotely as a nurse can be a rewarding experience. By following these tips, you can set yourself up for success!